Food is the most basic of all human impulses and without life saving food hacks a young professional can find herself/ himself stuck in the kitchen for hours with injured fingers and a grumbling stomach. So here is a list of some basic food hacks that will keep food simple as it is supposed to be
- Make your bananas last longer– If you don’t own refrigerator or are just tired of your bananas growing stale every two days, this hack is a life savior. Tightly wrap the ends of your bananas in a plastic wrap and watch their life-span increase to almost a week.
- Chop onions without crying– Onions have caused more tears than heartbreaks. So, cut your onions under a stream of running water to save your breath and your tears.
- Blow your candle and floss your cake– Do you find yourself looking yearningly at the cake smeared knife as you place it in the sink and crying a little over the wasted cake.
Well, drop the knife and pick up a dental floss to cut your cake and you shall never waste another morsel again.
- Chocolate bowls– You’ve had chocolate in bowls, it is time to have bowl made of chocolate.
Dip a balloon in melted chocolate and place it in the freezer. Take the balloon out, deflate it and separate it from the chocolate for a perfect chocolate bowl.
- Pair food and wine– If you end up eating cheese with every wine bottle you open, here is a little guide to help you turn into the perfect wine connoisseur.
- Keeping ice cream soft– It will no longer take you a hammer to break through that container of ice cream in your freezer. Store your ice cream in a ziplock bag and find it soft and creamy every time you pull it out.
- Arrange your food in a circle for even heating– If re-heated food is a regular part of your diet then this hack’s for you.
Instead of putting your food in a large bowl which causes disproportionate heating, arrange your food in a circle for a more balanced heat distribution.
With these easy and relevant food hacks you are ready to take the first step towards a convenient and enjoyable interaction with your food. Find the best shared apartments in Gurgaon, Delhi or Noida at CoHo and flaunt your new found food skills.
3 thoughts on “Easy Everyday Food Hacks!”
Well…This was quite an interesting read..I was not aware of most of the things mentioned here…Specially onions under water..
one trick i use is preparing frozen cubes by making the cubes out of the same beverage that i am drinking. so for coffee, its frozen coffee cubes. That way your drink stays cold and it does not get watered down after melting.
The One With the Chocolate Bowls…
Gonna try it soon.