Food is the most basic of all human impulses and without life saving food hacks a young professional can find herself/ himself stuck in the kitchen for hours with injured fingers and a grumbling stomach. So here is a list of some basic food hacks that will keep food simple as it is supposed to be
- Make your bananas last longer– If you don’t own refrigerator or are just tired of your bananas growing stale every two days, this hack is a life savior. Tightly wrap the ends of your bananas in a plastic wrap and watch their life-span increase to almost a week.
- Chop onions without crying– Onions have caused more tears than heartbreaks. So, cut your onions under a stream of running water to save your breath and your tears.
- Blow your candle and floss your cake– Do you find yourself looking yearningly at the cake smeared knife as you place it in the sink and crying a little over the wasted cake.
Well, drop the knife and pick up a dental floss to cut your cake and you shall never waste another morsel again.
- Chocolate bowls– You’ve had chocolate in bowls, it is time to have bowl made of chocolate.
Dip a balloon in melted chocolate and place it in the freezer. Take the balloon out, deflate it and separate it from the chocolate for a perfect chocolate bowl.
- Pair food and wine– If you end up eating cheese with every wine bottle you open, here is a little guide to help you turn into the perfect wine connoisseur.
- Keeping ice cream soft– It will no longer take you a hammer to break through that container of ice cream in your freezer. Store your ice cream in a ziplock bag and find it soft and creamy every time you pull it out.
- Arrange your food in a circle for even heating– If re-heated food is a regular part of your diet then this hack’s for you.
Instead of putting your food in a large bowl which causes disproportionate heating, arrange your food in a circle for a more balanced heat distribution.
With these easy and relevant food hacks you are ready to take the first step towards a convenient and enjoyable interaction with your food. Find the best shared apartments in Gurgaon, Delhi or Noida at CoHo and flaunt your new found food skills.