“Oh 12th results are out!! Kahan admission le rahe ho beta?”, is a common question that you must have faced, if you were the board exam warrior this year. It’s that time of the year again, when you need to pull your socks up and grab a seat in your dream college.
Delhi University has been topping charts, when it comes to admissions, as this university offers not just ample of courses, but endless exposure too. If you belong to the same list and wish to see yourself chilling in those funky lanes and rocking colleges, then here we are, with everything that you need to know about DU Admissions :
1. Mark like no one’s watching: Predicting cut-offs of DU is no less than an astrologer’s game and therefore, a little care while filling the application forms can do wonders
Since you are no longer allowed to mark colleges on the form, mark as many courses as you can, as this will increase your chances of making way to this prestigious place. You might miss out on certain colleges after the cut-off, but you will definitely not miss out because your marking game was not on point.
2. Keep your eyes wide open: Checking your Facebook regularly is a trend, but trust us, checking the official DU website is equally crucial during the admission days.
You never know when and from where a notification related to admission/cut-off pops up and proves to be your red carpet entry to the university. Regular visit on the website, despite how slow it gets, is a must! Get prompt replies on your admission and other queries by reaching out to the university at firstname.lastname@example.org.
3. Work hard, play harder: Were you the kid who always liked getting his hands dirty in the football field or you never missed a chance to be on the stage performing on Madhuri Dixit’s famous number?
Then, getting into DU is a cakewalk for you. ECA or extracurricular activity trails are also one criteria of getting into your favourite college. Collate your lifetime achievements and certificates and submit the ECA application in the college. Playing was never this much fun, isn’t it?
4. Interviews are for Jobs, Entrances for College-Not anymore: Apart from being the bookworm, it’s always a great idea to polish your interview skills, as some prestigious colleges like St. Stephen’s, Lady Shri Ram and many more doesn’t just stick to the entrances and cut-off, but organize a quick interview sessions too. Prepare yourself well, because what happens inside the interview room, doesn’t stay in the room!
5. Optimism is the key: You might/might not have scored as per your expectations, but being hopeful is what hits the bull’s eye.
DU is known for giving out at least six to seven cut-offs, so let not the demotivation take you over, if you cannot make it through the first list. Remember, DU is a University of around 70+ colleges with ample of seats. You’ll surely find your way through.
So, fight out the admission battleground, give your best shot and emerge as a hero. All the best!