South Campus is world wide famous for their undergraduate courses in liberal arts and sciences. The major colleges that could offer intellect development, wisdom are Lady Shri Ram College, Sri Aurobindo College, Jesus and Mary College, Gargi College and Sri Venkateswara College. These high ranking colleges have made a way out attracting a large number of students from all over the world – aspiring to make it out in these college.
The South Campus colleges are wide scattered, but by the end – the youth find it’s way back where they feel together, and always reflecting the true side of the campus. Not only does the Campus gives the feel of a great environment or ambience but makes it way out with various recreational options, easy going on pockets.
Best Hangout Spots Near South Campus
Hauz Khas Village
What can be your second home other than your second home itself? Well, it’s Hauz Khas Village – a place with myriad of things to dig in for. It’s indeed a spot on place for all the South Campus students who have made it their second home. With wide options to go from – from restaurants and cafes like World Pizza Journey, Moonshine, OTB and Elma’s. If you are fond of food and plan on filling your craving with wide options of the cuisine, be it Spanish and Italian, to Thai and North Eastern cuisine, the options just go endless. Even you sit here all night, the day wouldn’t fall to an end. You can chill around watching the sunset and snapping beautiful photos around The Hauz Khas Fort, Deer Park and lake.
If you are one of the shopping geeks, this place has everything you can get – right from stylist shopping clothes, bags, jewellery. Well, that’s a count to everything. The place is very crowded and has loads of wide variety of things making offers at a least possible price. You can find out various options like Haldirams, Subway, Dominos and Mc Donalds which is exactly adjacent to the market. You can have a filling stomach here.
Select City Walk and DLF Palace
Select City Walk and DLF Palace are the most happening malls in Delhi. You can get a variety of high end brands like Guess and Burberry and other fashion labels like Forever 21, Zara and Mac here. You can spend your time watching movie, get on a flea market on Wednesdays at the Select City walk, enjoy ice cream at Haagen Dazs or also go ahead to have the most famous delicious donuts at Krispy Kreme.
Best Restaurants to Spend Time Out
Wood Box Cafe with innovative interior, expressive menu, great food and drink options is definitely a spot to hang out with your buddies. It surpasses the taste of every other food junkie with the best brownie shake to shake up your day. What else would you ask for?
Cost for two: Rs 700
Location: 18, Opposite Venkateswara College, Satya Niketan, New Delhi
If you haven’t heard of Tandoori Momo’s and haven’t yet got a chance to try one yet – You have missed out on quiet a lot. Because all you need to do right now is get out of your house, take a metro and reach down to the QD’s Restaurant, one of the most popular near the DU South Campus, to try it out. With amazing smoky hot food, serving Chinese and North Indian that just takes you mind away with the taste of it all. Well, the best part of it is it’s just leaves you back on your way home with jangling pockets.
Cost for two: Rs 600
Location: 294, Satya Niketan Market, Near Venkateshwara College, Satya Niketan, New Delhi
The Vanilla Bean Co. isn’t just a great pick because it offers huge discount but if you crave for American and Italian delights with complementing drinks with it – this place is a perfect pick for you. Close your eyes and dive deep in to the yummy taste of food here at just your budget.
Cost for two: Rs 450
Location: 15, Ground Floor, Satya Niketan, New Delhi
A groovy music, scrumptious food, great chilled ambience, Scooter on the Wall is just easy to spot onto. With the amazing divin’ logo, you can distinguish it far from the stand. Located near Satya Niketan, Scooter on the Wall is a best pick for those who are a huge fan for cool looking glasses, interiors and the swinging seats.
Cost for two: Rs 700
Location: 124, Opposite Venkateshwara College, Satya Niketan, New Delhi
This roof top café is regarded as the most popular places near Satya Niketan. This place doesn’t disappoint you at all – with a perfect combo deal of tasty food, pocket-friendly, excellent service, nice hookah and vibrant ambience; Big Yellow Door has surely made itself an ideal place to hangout.
Cost for two: Rs 600
Location: H 8, Opposite Venkateswara College, Satya Niketan, New Delhi
Other reasons that makes South Campus a perfect place?
- The PG and flat accommodation in Delhi is always a question. Well, it would be a relief – because South campus provides you a plethora of options to choose from. With the right budget to choose from, wide options to pick from – it suits all the needs with no hassle.
- The places near South campus has some of the coolest crowd followed by the best hangout places including the GK 1, South extension, Lajpat Nagar and Satya Niketan. If you are planning on bunking a class or want to go out with your partner in crime – this place has everything to drag you onto.
- If you are craving for food, the campus serves you with the street food including the BYDs, Berco’s, Rico’s. If you are fond of mouth- watering Shwarmas, Momos, Bhel Puri, Soups – this place will never disappoint you.
- This place also has a place for shopaholics including the glam – sham malls like Select city walk, Promenade, Emporio that would drive your way through the ramp of the luxurious brands. If you are not flashy to brands – you can get your way worked out with Sarojini Nagar, a cheap street shopping place
- The serenity of this place – where you can stroll your day around sitting in the lush green area of Lodhi Garden, Garden of Five Sense that could again bring back your school memories (as you must have strolled around with your school friend’s during the school time) and even Hauz Khas Fort where you can enjoy your evening watching the sunset and clicking photos.
You should get set and ready to go – Join in the Campus, Set the tables right. Don’t worry if you are low on your pocket; because this place doesn’t ask for much. Enjoy the perfectly set restaurant, fulfil your cravings with the Spicy Tandoori Momos, Shawarma’s, Chole Bhature and the very famous Sanjay ke Chur Chur Naan situated around the corner of Moolchand Metro station.
Don’t miss out the best you could experience. Plan it hard. Get in and around with South Campus this season to experience the greatest and the best!