With a sense of hope and not foreboding, students situated across India are now rushing towards their laptop screens. Delhi University has set free the second cut off list for its undergraduate courses. June 25th to June 27th is the slot that has been devoted by the university for the rigorous and steadfast admission process, as prospective students fill in their forms for various colleges and courses.
A little bird told us that over 5,000 students have already managed to inundate the university’s website with their applications, ever since the second cut off was announced. Rumour has it that with each passing minute, another form is being filled. Colleges under the aegis of the University have each released their respective cut off list, and a consolidated list for various courses can be found on the Delhi University website. Although the second cut off list marks the end of applications for the general category across some courses, seats remain open for reserved categories still.
Every year, the university releases at least 5-6 cut off lists and this year, Delhi University has notified that five cut off lists will be announced throughout the admission process. The first cut off list was released by Delhi University on the 19th of June and the admission process remained open till June 21st. Around 25 percent seats were filled after the release of the first cut off, and it has been claimed that there hasn’t been a significant increase with the second cut off list on the table.
You can check the Delhi University website for official notifications and college wise cut off lists. Here is the official table as released by the University for the cut off percentages for some of its courses and colleges:
Breathe and don`t panic, little ones. We know that the dip has not been one too dramatic. Despite the marginal drop in course wise cutoff, there still have been applicants who have made iit by the mark. Courses that are most sought by students, such as Economics honours, Bcom and BA have experienced a .25- 2% drop. We’re here to turn this stressful process into a cakewalk; here are some pointers that might come in handy as you sit down to apply:
- Where You Can/Can’t Apply
Around 15,000 successful admissions made it to DU after the first cut off was released. Some of the bigshots under Delhi University, namely Lady Shri Ram College, Shri Ram College of Commerce, Gargi College, Hindu College, Ramjas College and Miranda House have closed their applications for some of the courses as all seats were filled with the first list out.
LSR shut down its process for some of the top courses like History, Journalism, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology and Economics with the first cut off.
Gargi college has closed its applications for BA programme, history and geography but you can still apply for English, Bcom honours and Economics. Ramjas has also closed admissions for candidates belonging to the general category in BA (Hons.) Hindi, BA programme and B.Com. Miranda House shut its doors to candidates applying for BA (Hons.) Geography, BA (Hons.) Political Science and BA(Honours) Philosophy. Shri ram College of Commerce closed admissions in Economics for the SC category.
On the brighter side of things, IP College dropped its percentage by 2 percent for many a course, and for sociology it has gone as low as 3 percent – from 95.5 to 92.5. Lady Shri Ram college dropped the percentage by 1.25 for its philosophy course, which is now at 92.5%. As for the BA programme, the percentage has dropped by 1%, at 97.75%. Hindu College awaits its candidates who have secured: 97.50 percent in BA (English,) 97.25 percent in B.Com (Hons,) 97.75% in Economics, 90% in Hindi, 91.50% in Philosophy and 96% in Sociology.
It doesn’t come as a surprise that Shri Ram College of Commerce still leads the board with its high cut offs. If you’re aiming for SRCC, the cut off hasn’t dropped remarkably with the second list. The first list was a dip from 98.50 to 97.75, and in the second one it reduced its cut off to -awkward pause- 97.37. Yep.
- The Cancellation Process
Now that you have made it to your dream college with your undoubtable genius and patience, follow these steps to secure a seat in the college you want and withdraw from your present one:
- Send in an application to your current college and request a cancellation.
- Secure your certificates from your present college and attach a list of the same in your application.
- Make sure you ask the authorities for the correct procedure, fill up whatever forms need to be filled, meet with the prerequisites and only proceed once it is all done.
- Take all certificates and marksheets and apply to the college where you wish to move. The admission process remains the same, so you need to go through all the formalities once more.
- How to Apply
Although most students applied as soon as the first cut off lists out, but in case you’re applying to colleges now with a drop in percentage, keep this process in mind to expedite the process.
- Login to the DU official website and choose your college and course.
- Once you’ve entered your choice, you will see the admission application form for the same.
- Fill the application form with all the relevant details. Make sure you attach scanned copies of your original documents along with their self-attested counterparts.
- Now, pay the admission fee via the payment link provided in the dashboard. *The online payment window for admissions will remain open till the next noon of the set deadline date for the cut-off list under which an applicant is taking admission.
- Documents Require
All that you need to successfully submit an application:
- Class X Board exam certificate
- Class X marksheet (Note- For CBSE, mark sheet and exam certificate are the same)
- Class XII marksheet. (In case students haven’t received their mark sheets, a provisional certificate will do).
- Recent character certificate issued either by the Principal of school last attended by the candidate or by a Class I gazetted officer.
- SC/ST/Differently-abled/CW/KM certificate (if applicable) issued by a competent authority in the name of the candidate.
- Other backward class (OBC – non-creamy layer) certificate (under the central list issued by https://ncbc.nic.in)
- Students from outside of Delhi are required to submit their Transfer and Migration certificates from their respective school/college.
- Minimum two passport size, self-attested photographs
5. Admission Schedule
With the second cut off list out, please ensure that you follow the timings in order to fabulously get that seat at DU. Get things in motion and note these timings down for document verification at your prospective college.
9.30 a.m. to 1.30 p.m. (morning colleges)
4 p.m. to 7 p.m. (evening colleges)
The admission formalities under the second cut-off lists for all the colleges must be met by June 27th, 2018.
- Find a Place!
Happiness galore? That’s correct. Now that you have managed to secure a seat in one of the best colleges in the world, and certainly the best university to ever exist, it is time to have you all settled in!
Transforming the way the young reside in india, coho.in offers luxurious and comforting villas and dorms to students and working professionals at affordable prices. From fully furnished apartments to high-end services like health care, recreational spaces, housekeeping and maintenance, a formidable Coho community helps you experience your novice years the best way you could imagine!
Timings, safety and other concerns tend to mess with the wishes of our childish souls. Don’t wallow about your stay during these brilliant academic years, our young readers. We come bearing good news. Coho.in understands the predicament you might be in when you’re stuck looking for an affordable, homely and luxurious accommodation. You don’t have to look too far, little one. We promise you your best university life and your comfortable beds along with a security of a home. Pack your bags and let us help you adjust to this colorful world called university life.
You can now check out Coho’s residential dorms and villas near Delhi University. A dream that would be otherwise unaffordable, you can now add a pinch of hope to all your fantasies and look forward to the best years of your bachelors life!